Hope

Hope is my word for 2018. Ending 2017 knowing I wouldn't be returning to my same job in Kenya with no new path in sight was really tough. But God, in his wisdom, put this word in my heart. And how much I have seen him give me HOPE in so many ways. I am so glad we can trust Him. Some ways I have seen that hope the last few weeks...

-I had a super rough day on Saturday, but God brought people around me to encourage me and remind me that God is on my side. With Him fighting for me, I have great HOPE.

-Today I started math timed tests with some of the kids. Three of them were begging for me to actually begin after I explained it (I was going to wait until tomorrow). This after being a very much burned out teacher...hope. Though one of the boys didn't do so well and crumpled up his paper...we will work on that!

-Everyone at church has been so friendly: inviting me out to eat, to their houses, and accepting me into their lives. And this coming from Peruvians who don't have to reach out to me but are choosing to...HOPE.

-I am slowly building relationships with the kids here. So often I feel like I have to be the strict one, but in that I am praying they see God's love in me. When they greet me with big smiles, hugs, or  both, I feel that hope.

He truly is the God of Hope!
The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. Psalm 147:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A get away in the city

Church!

Johnny