A get away in the city
Some friends of ours invited us to his mom's place about 20 minutes away for a couple days this weekend. We went on Saturday evening, and since we are still in lockdowns on Sundays, we stayed until Monday morning. She has a big garden and also has ducks and guinea pigs! Our little guy's sister was going to be gone so that meant we would need to bring him. We weren't sure what our friends would think about that, but they said it would be ok. They even said we could set up a pool they have! He was in heaven! It was also his first time sleeping in a new place since he was rescued. He played and played while the adults had time to talk and play games and eat! And I have never seen him eat as much chicken as he ate yesterday! I guess he likes food from the grill! It was fun to introduce him to hot dogs cooked over a campfire too.
While he was playing, Javier and I were talking about how this is how childhood should be. It shouldn't be spent worrying about whether your mom would be drunk or lock you in the house or beat you or not give you food. I pray that his little mind and body can heal from all that trauma and that he can learn to be a little boy again. And my heart hurts when I think of all the other little boys and girls still living in that kind of situation. We are helping with one, but how can we help more? Something we all can do is pray. I want to be a more faithful prayer warrior! If you are reading this, will you take a minute to pray for all those precious little kids who can't be kids right now? Who may be in danger, who are suffering abuse, who feel alone. May they first of all feel the presence and love of God and also may they be rescued from their circumstances!
Yes, you guessed right about the Amy who is commenting. I will pray for those kiddos. It was great fun to read about this wonderful visit. A good visit for all.
ReplyDelete