Jesus loves the little children

ALL the children of the world. When children are born to families that longed for and prayed for a child, parties are thrown. People celebrate, throw parties, rejoice and more over the birth of this baby. Everyone wants to hold and cuddle the new baby. As the child grows, people are interested in the growth and poor into that child's life. It is easy to focus on and love that child. For the past several years, God has given me the opportunity to love those not born into these circumstances. Wow their lives are different!

Both in Kenya and Peru, I watch people not really caring about these children. They don't hurry along their paperwork for adoption, they shut adoption down, they pull funding because these children have no future, or so they say. My heart just weeps over these precious children loved by God. These kids who are just as precious as the ones born into families who love and care for them. I wonder why God allows this to happen, why these children go through so much. I can't understand this side of heaven. I weep for the sin that allows this to happen. I long for the day when God will right every wrong.

And for now, I do what I can to love on these little ones. So often this is not an easy task! Kids know when they are not wanted. I have heard stories of abuse, of kids begging on the street, of parents trying to kill their children. Their own children! Come Lord Jesus! As I struggle to know how to help them, I watch their disobedience, the results of the trauma they have experienced. I watch them hit each other and scream and cover their ears. And I know God's heart is breaking over all this. So I try to be patient, only with God's help. I ask him to love them through me. As I sit watching them on Sunday not knowing how to sit through church and punching each other while others look on wondering why they are behaving so poorly, I pray. And I do what I can. Not for my own glory, but because Jesus loves ALL the children of the world.

I ask Jesus to make the wrongs right. I ask him to teach me to love like him. I give hugs and candy and tell them they are loved. Sometimes I am not patient. Many times I am not patient. But Jesus, teach me to love like you do. To be patient like you are. To show grace upon grace. For those of you struggling with the kid who doesn't listen or acts out or doesn't seem to improve, remember that Jesus gives grace and patience. He will fill us when we ask. So Jesus, give me patience. Give me love for these kids who so often receive no love. Help me to see their actions for what they are: a cry for love, a cry for help, a cry for grace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A get away in the city

Church!

Johnny