Two Years
Two years ago today I received the email that would drastically alter the path I was taking. I was in the states, planning on returning to Kenya. All of that changed in a moment. An email popped up on my phone, and I had no idea the change it would bring. One moment I thought I would return to Kenya in about 7 months to continue as a swim coach, and the next moment I found out I wouldn't be. To say it shook me is an understatement. But God knew, and God cared, and God had (and still has!) a good plan for me. He had me just at the right place (my missions headquarters on the other side of the country from where I was staying) with just the right people (who understood and were so supportive.)
Two years ago I never thought I would be in Peru. Two years ago I had no idea I would be married less than two years later. Though I miss Kenya at times, I know this is where God wants me. I know He has a good plan for me. I still grieve over losses, but the grief isn't as raw. I am more confident in who God created me to be. I am more convinced that His plans for us are the best.
God doesn't waste lessons he teaches us. I love that about Him. What I have walked through in the past two years has helped me understand and help others going through similar circumstances. To help walk through the valleys and that it is ok. To say "I get it" and encourage them to keep walking. I wish some of my lessons could have been more subtle, but I can share what I learned, what I am learning, and what I will learn with others. I am learning to be real. To let people see the mess, because in the mess you can see the clean up God is doing.
This anniversary is bittersweet. I am SO glad the emotions are not as raw and painful as they were. But walking through the emotions has helped me see that God is good and God is still working in me. I miss my life in Kenya, but I wouldn't trade my life right here, right now, for anything else. I am exactly where God wants me, which is the best place to be.
Two years ago I never thought I would be in Peru. Two years ago I had no idea I would be married less than two years later. Though I miss Kenya at times, I know this is where God wants me. I know He has a good plan for me. I still grieve over losses, but the grief isn't as raw. I am more confident in who God created me to be. I am more convinced that His plans for us are the best.
God doesn't waste lessons he teaches us. I love that about Him. What I have walked through in the past two years has helped me understand and help others going through similar circumstances. To help walk through the valleys and that it is ok. To say "I get it" and encourage them to keep walking. I wish some of my lessons could have been more subtle, but I can share what I learned, what I am learning, and what I will learn with others. I am learning to be real. To let people see the mess, because in the mess you can see the clean up God is doing.
This anniversary is bittersweet. I am SO glad the emotions are not as raw and painful as they were. But walking through the emotions has helped me see that God is good and God is still working in me. I miss my life in Kenya, but I wouldn't trade my life right here, right now, for anything else. I am exactly where God wants me, which is the best place to be.
I always appreciate your blog posts!
ReplyDelete