Late Night Chats

Sometimes getting up in the middle of the night is totally worth it! On Tuesday night at 3:30 am, I got a call from a friend in Kenya who was with my sweet Johnny! The babies and parents are supposed to check in with the orphanage once a month for three months. This was Johnny's second visit. The first visit was ok but still quite shocking for him and my friend Tibe who met him there. This month his babysitter and her mom were able to meet him at the orphanage!

This was a miracle in itself. Cailyn, his babysitter and well loved "girlfriend," and her mom only had a two hour window to spend time with him. Last month Johnny and his parents were two hours late! I thought for sure they may only see him for a few minutes. But this month, even on public transport, they were on time! It took him a few minutes to warm up, but then he had so much fun playing with "Cay-yin!" And her mom did the sweetest thing for me. She called me on FaceTime and left the call going so I could just watch him play! He doesn't like to sit and talk to me on the phone, so usually he runs away and says "no!" But this time he looked at me, said "Mindy," smiled and went back to playing. Not being forced to talk to me was the best thing for him! I got to watch him play off and on for an hour! He was so busy!

The best part was watching how well he is doing. He is clearly loved by his parents, and Cailyn's mom said she saw that very clearly too. What an answer to prayer! They brought him some snacks and he pulled a couple out. He held up the first one and said "Shiko!" That is his sister's name. Even though she wasn't even there, he was still sharing with her! His mama said he is really good about that. Everything he has he wants to share with her! What a blessing! Johnny had fun riding a bike, jumping on the trampoline, playing with toys, and eating snacks. It was so amazing to be a part of that, even far away. I am so thankful how God works all things for good, even though it is often hard to see or understand that.

I am also so thankful for others who love him and can go see him while I am far away. Lord willing, at least one friend will go out to their house next month for his dad's Pastor's Day.

Here are some screen shots I took. Ignore my super sleepy and weird faces!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A get away in the city

Church!

Johnny