The last time I wrote a blog was...well a long time ago. And the name of my blog was Teacher Mindy in the DR. Well, since I am no longer in the Dominican Republic, I guess it is time for a new blog name! We will see how well I do keeping this updated. I hope to! I like writing and have done way too little of it lately.
The story behind the name of this blog...I love Hebrews 11, also known as the Hall of Faith. Those are some big heroes to look up to. Now, I am by no means trying to say I am up there with them as far as living by faith. The chapter talks about those men and women like this: "By faith Abel...," "By faith Enoch...," "By faith Abraham..." and so many more. You will notice that this blog is not "By faith Mindy." I can only hope to live like these men and women who lived by faith. This is instead "Mindy by faith" because I am seeking to live by faith. I am seeking to trust God in all things. And since I don't want to put myself in one place in the blog name, this seemed more appropriate! I do not know where I will be in the next month or year or...! But I am seeking to follow God by faith.
Currently, that means I am on furlough until July 2018. After six years in Kenya, I am in Seattle for furlough. I have not lived in the states as an adult! My whole adult life so far has seen me overseas. This is definitely a "by faith" thing for me! I love living in Kenya. I loved living in the Dominican Republic. The states I don't know yet! But God has been so faithful! He takes such good care of His people. Here are some amazing ways he has taken care of me so far:
The story behind the name of this blog...I love Hebrews 11, also known as the Hall of Faith. Those are some big heroes to look up to. Now, I am by no means trying to say I am up there with them as far as living by faith. The chapter talks about those men and women like this: "By faith Abel...," "By faith Enoch...," "By faith Abraham..." and so many more. You will notice that this blog is not "By faith Mindy." I can only hope to live like these men and women who lived by faith. This is instead "Mindy by faith" because I am seeking to live by faith. I am seeking to trust God in all things. And since I don't want to put myself in one place in the blog name, this seemed more appropriate! I do not know where I will be in the next month or year or...! But I am seeking to follow God by faith.
Currently, that means I am on furlough until July 2018. After six years in Kenya, I am in Seattle for furlough. I have not lived in the states as an adult! My whole adult life so far has seen me overseas. This is definitely a "by faith" thing for me! I love living in Kenya. I loved living in the Dominican Republic. The states I don't know yet! But God has been so faithful! He takes such good care of His people. Here are some amazing ways he has taken care of me so far:
- The ability to take a year long furlough! Lord willing, I will resume my teaching job in Kenya in August 2018.
- A place to stay! I am living in the basement apartment of my dear friends Bob and Ruth, who are my spiritual grandparents. I love talking to them about the Lord and listening to their insights from long walks with God!
- The chance to go to my sending church!
- A bike for transport. I do not have a car, but so far God has been so faithful, and I trust He will continue to be! I was loaned a bike that meets my needs so far.
- Random Costco Lady! Now this is a super cool God story. He takes such good care of His children! I was with my friend Mindy, whom I am named after, in Costco a few weeks ago. The line was super long. Somehow we started talking to the lady in front of us. She was asking about us and it came out that I am a missionary in Kenya living in the states this year. She lives close by and offered to take me to Costco if needed. We told her I was here for a chance to rest but I may want to do some part time work in the future. As she was leaving, she handed me her card and said "I may have some work for you when you are ready." What?! It turns out she owns an airbnb two miles from where I am staying and she will pay me to clean it! Yesterday was my first time cleaning it by myself and it was great! I listened to Jesus music and enjoyed the time working by myself! It won't be a regular thing as you never know when it will be booked, but what an answer to prayers I hadn't even prayed yet! She also loaned me her bike! It was a big clunky one and someone loaned me a lighter one for all the hills here, but what a gift! When she brought over the bike, she said, "Would you like to go to BSF?" Bible Study Fellowship is a great Bible study all over the world. I was praying about joining one while in the states but had no contacts or way to get there. Well, her mom lives close by and can take me! So I was able to start attending a great Bible study nearby! And all this from an interaction at Costco! God's fingerprints are all over that one :). My mom still calls her "Random Costco Lady" and she calls me "Mindy Costco." God is good!
- A view of the water and a beautiful park nearby! Growing up by the water, I have missed it living inland the last 12 years! I am enjoying walks by the water and all the trees!
Ok, that is probably enough rambling for today. I don't know if I will even publish this! Haha. We will see. At least it lets me get my thoughts down.
Comments
Post a Comment