Good gifts
As I sit here listening to my husband record a praise song to send to a friend who is making an audio for a conference, I am reminded of how blessed I am. God gave me a great gift when he put Javier in my life. I can look at just the gift and that is not a good idea, but if I also look at the giver of all good gifts...wow! God is so faithful and writes good stories for each of us. I never expected to marry a latin or live in Peru, but here I am. And God is doing good things!
Javier keeps me laughing. If you know me, I can be too serious and too hard on myself. He reminds me over and over again to not take myself too seriously, to laugh at my mistakes and move on. But I can also have a totally serious conversation with him too, which I appreciate. This quarantine has given us lots of time to talk about a wide range of subjects: some serious, some totally not. Though we have had our fair share of disagreements, we are learning how to reconcile and not allow the disagreement to destroy what God is doing.
I love that he also has a heart to serve people. He has spent a lot of the quarantine on the phone checking on people, making sure they have what they need and are doing okay emotionally. Sometimes I get frustrated with how much time he is on the phone, but then I remember that that is how he connects with people right now, and he is a good connector! A lot of phone conversations last an hour or more. He is easy to talk to! I am thankful for that.
When we go to the kids ministry about an hour away on Saturdays, you will often find Javier sitting at the little table coloring along with the kids. He tells me "don't ask me to teach, but I will happily color with the kids!" They think he is pretty great :). The other week he was singing as he colored and they thought that was pretty funny.
During the quarantine, there are moments of sadness and seriousness, but there are other moments of pure silliness. I am thankful for this guy who keeps me laughing. I have even funnier and sillier videos, but for some reason he doesn't want those out on the internet :). You will just have to come visit and see the silliness in person (once the world calms down again!) Here is a little taste as to what goes on at our house...
I will have to post more later after they load. I am thankful for this crazy guy who points me back to Jesus!
Javier keeps me laughing. If you know me, I can be too serious and too hard on myself. He reminds me over and over again to not take myself too seriously, to laugh at my mistakes and move on. But I can also have a totally serious conversation with him too, which I appreciate. This quarantine has given us lots of time to talk about a wide range of subjects: some serious, some totally not. Though we have had our fair share of disagreements, we are learning how to reconcile and not allow the disagreement to destroy what God is doing.
I love that he also has a heart to serve people. He has spent a lot of the quarantine on the phone checking on people, making sure they have what they need and are doing okay emotionally. Sometimes I get frustrated with how much time he is on the phone, but then I remember that that is how he connects with people right now, and he is a good connector! A lot of phone conversations last an hour or more. He is easy to talk to! I am thankful for that.
When we go to the kids ministry about an hour away on Saturdays, you will often find Javier sitting at the little table coloring along with the kids. He tells me "don't ask me to teach, but I will happily color with the kids!" They think he is pretty great :). The other week he was singing as he colored and they thought that was pretty funny.
During the quarantine, there are moments of sadness and seriousness, but there are other moments of pure silliness. I am thankful for this guy who keeps me laughing. I have even funnier and sillier videos, but for some reason he doesn't want those out on the internet :). You will just have to come visit and see the silliness in person (once the world calms down again!) Here is a little taste as to what goes on at our house...
I have been trying to teach him the joys of Star Wars. We watched the first original one. He was not impressed. This is his version of a storm trooper haha!
I guess early on in the quarantine a famous soccer player (or two!) posted a video like this so of course he had to try it. The summersault at the end is my favorite.
What do you do if you have a quarantine but still need to get rid of trash? Drop it off the balcony of course!
I will have to post more later after they load. I am thankful for this crazy guy who points me back to Jesus!

Love it!
ReplyDelete